Thursday, April 3, 2014

WORDS ARE POWERFUL

 Olivia’s tears were falling down heavily and determent on her cheeks.
 “I miss my Godfather so much! And it’s not fair that Max is having his Godparents here in Germany   and mine are so far away.”

Being a multi-cultural child isn’t always easy.  Different nationalities, different countries leave long gaps in-between seeing the ones you care most about.  This time when we flew to Sweden, we got to see her Godfather Benny again.   He has been busy traveling around and working a lot in many countries.   Olivia was exited to see him again-- and we all were.  

In Malmo, we went into the spiritual bookstore Sok & Finn.  Benny’s books were standing on the bookshelves, his face peering out at the customers (--seven books not bad my friend).  I pointed at one of them, and asked Olivia, “Who is that?”


 Her eyes sparkled, “Benny! Is he famous?  I didn’t know he was famous!”

We had never talked about Benny’s profession or his books.  For us, he is a friend.  Olivia took the book and walked up to the cashier, “Look, this is my Godfather!”
So proud over someone’s success, and not feeling any envy.

Both my children feel and share love; they love hugging people.  I guess they get that from four years growing up in Southern Italy; where joy, appreciation and love were the ingredients in our life.

Benny and Olivia finally got to meet and she was so satisfied to be around him again.  He understood her longing, to feel close to him.  When it was time to leave he said he wanted to give her a special gift.  We drove to the Efva Attling jewelry store and we walked in.  Her creations are magnificent!  They have tiny messages on them that has such deep meaning to the one who wears her creations.   Benny and Olivia chose a necklace with the words; ‘I Miss You.”


Olivia felt special, and kisses it every now and then, feeling longed for.

“I know Benny will always be there for me,” she said after we had said our good-byes.

That’s Amore!

No comments: