Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Stray or Pet

A big problem here is lose dogs. Strays roam around and so do some pets.

Sometimes you cannot tell the difference since they are not wearing collars, and it can have a terrible outcome for the owner --I would think?

I was out feeding Grace and Cucci when these two wonderful good looking "dogs" came puppy flopping by. Friendly and happy they finished what I served them in the bowls.

I fell so in love with them that I wanted to bring them with me home, but first I needed them spayed and neutered. My car was full with donations I had picked up so I needed to re-arrange so they could fit in. In between I cuddled with them, and my thought was "these dogs will be easy to find homes for."

Finally done with putting all the stuff in the front I laid out a blanket so they could lay comfortable during the car ride out to the veterinarian clinic. When I hear a voice behind me; "Are these your dogs." and she pointed at Grace and Cucci. "No, none off these four dogs are mine but I am feeding them." I said to her hoping she wouldn't complain.

Her little son sticks his head out and yells, "Mom that is Max." and he points at the white dog.

"You know these two dogs."

"Oh yes they live over there, I think they escaped out" he said smiling like that was the most natural thing in the world. The mother looks at me, "they have all the up-to-date shots"

Without a collar, nothing up to date will help the dogs from being safe from us international rescuers.

I tried not to look surprised or that he could see that I thanked higher sources for not bringing them in to the clinic.

"Can you please tell the owner to at least put collar on them?"

In my SUV I started to think over how many dogs with no collars have been brought in to be spayed, or adopted away. Some one's pet.

It is dangerous...that is why it is important to make research, go to the dog-catchers with the dog (not likely but there may be a microchip) talk to the people around you, and put up fliers. Maybe there are some other Amore owners out there who miss their pet that was taken as a stray?

No comments: