Monday, July 27, 2009

A Bloody Day

People ask for help, and then many times they don't follow it up themselves. They hand the problem over to you or someone, and then the person thinks he/she doesn't have to deal with it any more.

One of the things I had to do today was to feed some strays, as I do always.


At the feeding point, with Olivia my 4 year old daughter and an Italian lady, I suddenly see a goat walking along the road. I jump high out of joy, I always wanted a goat, we have talked about it many times home. It is my dream, I love goats.


I tell the lady to hold one of the dogs in its collar and I try to go forward towards the goat. One stray comes running chasing the goat into a dead end street. I managed to get the stray to stop, and pushed him further down the road away from the goat. People came out, standing watching. I asked for help, for them to stand down on the street and if the goat passed me they had to jump and wave so the goat would run up again.

This small little goat not bigger than a medium size dog was scared, not mean, he didn't even try to hurt me with his horns. He had an instinct and that was to get away, to survive.

After a long time I got a rope and I tried to catch him, I was even only a half meter away from him, but this little guy was so smooth and got between me and the rope. A fat Italian lady comes towards me and I ask for help and tell her what to do. She answered back she would.

When the little goat runs towards her she lets it go, does absolutely nothing, no one does. I am screaming to them to "pumpkin" help what is so "pumpkin" difficult? Even my daughter can do better.

The goat got out and ran and after it ran the strays, and then me. It was a horrible sound when they got the goat, howling and growling and the goat suffering. I had to back out since their sounds attracted other strays and I knew and felt the energy of danger since they could attack me, too.

My daughter was crying and the people smiled. The fat Italian lady wanted to show and talk to me. My tears was running down my dirty cheeks, I didn't want to talk to her. I scooped up Olivia and went to my SUV and the lady said, "Americans I want you to rent my house!"


I tried to explain that it is horrible to see another animal getting killed slowly and the hunger from the animals, sound, blood, fighting over meat. But I feed them meat that someone else killed, and I didn't have to see that. It is always hard to see a dog you love, forgetting that hunting is part of his instinct. It was horrible since people wouldn't do what they said they would do, and the ignorance in front of my daughter who was so upset. Had known the outcome I would have left and not even tried to catch the goat, but I felt certain that the people would help, at least as much as they said they would. I feel like I handed the goat over on a plate to the strays that were waiting in the bushes. What a bloody awful day.

2 comments:

Erika said...

Vilken värld vi lever i... verkligen sorgligt!

Mother in Action said...

Ja det ar inte latt att vara Buddist har