Monday, November 24, 2008

Why Helping Animals and Not Humans?

In my e mail box today one woman asked; "Some people react negatively about helping animals. They believe we always should care about human-beings first and foremost. What do you tell them?"

Many times it is the humans that have caused animals suffering, and some of us are cleaning up after their mess. But for me, it depends of how the person asks; if the person has a negative, accusative tone, I just ask back; "What are you doing to help others in need?"

As I wrote in my third book; " But whom has said that I, who help animals, don't also help humans? No one accuses veterinarian students that they have chosen the wrong education. No one asks why become a veterinarian when there is a need for doctors in society."

Life is full of possibilitys and it is the knowledge we give and learn from each other that is important.

My daughter, who is now just three years old, donated 30 teddy's to a hospital for abused children, when she was much younger. She goes with me to shelters, and in school they have a Sudan assistance project that she participates in. So, she is learning about helping others from a very early age... "others" in terms of people and animals!

So no asumption Amore here please! Giving without expecting Amore... is Amore itself!




No comments: