Sunday, July 22, 2007

Living in Italy





We are busy getting settled in to our new house. But we are frequently visitors at IKEA, it's our tourist place!

Still staying in "our" hotel until late in the week, when our belongings get delivered. Here, the electricity is going on and off in the evenings, the elevator stops, TV shuts off and you are working on the computer. It is very enjoyable when this happens every 15 minutes. Well, I got to know yesterday from an American lady that told me this happens a lot during the summer because "the Americans" are using so much air condition. Oops!

Speaking about air conditioning....I noticed that it is a big difference between loving and disliking that thing. Many wives are saying the same, "I hate that darn noisy sound and that it is ice cold when I get up to check on the children."

And the men, " I had such a great sleep. My head was cold and nice when I woke up."

I have to agree with the women, I like to have the doors and windows open and feel the nice breeze sweeping in, and in the morning hear the birds singing.

Our Internet is sometimes on and sometimes you cannot get any connection. Very frustrating for someone who is spoiled by always having a great connection. We heard that it can take up to one month before we get a phone line hooked up in to our new house...and only then can they even tell us if we can get internet (ADSL)! Ah, one must simply accept this is the way in Italia, there is no fighting it. And August is the big vacation time for the Itailans, most off the things will stand still.

It is a very different living here but I am sure we will love it.

Have a great summer!

No comments: