Monday, August 18, 2014

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

Never would I have expected I would cry for a tree in a movie!

My whole family are still teasing me for sniffling in the movie theater. This Saturday was Olivia's birthday. 9 years old. I arranged a family day for all of us-- First we went and had lunch at an Italian restaurant (white linen cloths--) You see, I prefer lunch over dinner, since I always am the one starting to yawn early and want to go to bed.

That happens when you have been living a long life....hard and exiting ;-)

(I love mornings, that's why)

After the fantastic lunch, I took them to see the movie-- Guardians of the Galaxy. The theater was full of exited people and children-- and our excitement were high.

The young man that worked that day selling tickets and goodies, made it very extra for Olivia. --I love people which are doing extra kindness for others! Bless his heart!

Olivia told him...and to hundreds other people on the way "its my birthday today!" The young man handed her his hand and wished her happy birthday. He took up a box of candy and told her to take some as a gift. When we sat down in our chair, and the light was being turned down, we heard a special message coming out from the speakers, "And before the movie starts we want to wish Olivia a happy birthday!" What a guy!

I cried--happy tears. Not that guy was the tree, that comes later.

The movie started. And it was funny, great effects but....I fell in love with the tree. I cried and laughed, and then cried a little bit more. My sweet son (6y) leaned over to my side and whispered, "Mom, its not real, you don't have to be sad."

My sweet boy!

No comments: