Monday, September 8, 2008

Illegal(?) Horse Race in the Middle of the Day

Wednesday the 3rd I wrote this on my blog "There it was, an article (in Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet) about beating and scareing trotters to trot faster on asphalt. It was posted on YouTube and behind you can see motorcycles drive and scare the horses to trot faster. Along the way stands bystanders watching, this is the new sport. The horses are kidnapped from Italian trainers and later on used in illegal street racing in Italy."


To my shock I got to witness this horrible treatment of trotters. This past Saturday, in the middle of the day, two trotter teams and approximately 30 motorcycles/scooters and I don't know how many cars since we all ended in a line after them. The men that were sitting in their sulkies were whipping the horses. This was a horrible experience to see and "feel" and I was crying the whole way home.


Angry and horrified that this is happening in broad daylight, no one seems to care, not even the police! This can never be spelled Amore!

No comments: